Rheo is reimagining what TV can and should be. Listed by Apple as one of the Best New Apps of 2017, Rheo is the best way to watch, discover and react to great short videos. It’s TV for the swipe generation – curating the best short-form videos into a single personalized stream of video that you can watch or skip. The more they watch, the better Rheo gets at giving users more of the video they love.
Rheo is also a social video platform that allows users to record their own reactions to videos that their friends will see when they watch Rheo. We believe that we can make the world a better place by connecting people with the best content on the internet in an experience that is positive, fun and inherently social.
Rheo is looking for a Product Design Intern to join their product team! The Product Design Intern will work directly with our Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer Charles Migos, who most recently led design for Apple News and iBooks while at Apple.
The Product Design Intern will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next feature of Rheo to tweaking pixels right before launch. The intern will be expected to utilize a full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and have ownership over pieces of the Rheo experience.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for user
- Design flows and experiences that are simple, elegant and delightful to use
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with our PMs, engineers and marketers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Strong portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (what we build, not just how it looks)
- Proven ability to execute on visual and interaction details
- Excellent communication skills - you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Some experience with front-end programming (you should be able to code up a simple web site and/or an application)
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree or equivalent in a design related field
- Pursuing a MA/MS degree or equivalent in a design related field
- Graduation dates of Fall 2017, or anytime in: 2018, 2019, or 2020
- You must have a portfolio link
Location: San Francisco