The New York Times describes Thunder as “an ad engine to put Mad Men out of business.” We’re changing how digital ads are created and distributed by automating much of what people thought couldn’t be done by computer. Our technology retrieves all relevant content about an advertiser across the web to intelligently design a beautiful set of ads for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices all in under a minute.
We are looking for leaders to evangelize our technology to potential customers. As the Sales Director, you are a seasoned hunter and are experienced in selling enterprise solutions to executives at Fortune 1000 brands. You also love understanding a product in depth, and then communicating the offering to the marketplace. You have proven to operate independently away from headquarters, and make timely decisions in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment. Creative, energetic and a self-starter, you are intimately familiar with the enterprise sales cycle, and can use solutions-based software sales skills to drive deals forward and compress decision cycles.
We are looking for a track record of proven sales success in software or SaaS sales, and mastery of the sales cycle from outbound prospecting to closing the sale. Knowledge of the advertising industry is a plus, as is previous success working away from headquarters. In this role you will enjoy a rewarding commission structure, opportunity for career growth, the chance to represent “wow” products in a rapidly growing market, and an opportunity to build out a team in the long term.
- Identify and meet with stakeholders at Fortune 1000 brands or other potential partners: CEOs, CROs, VPs of Digital, VP of Marketing, etc.
- Use solutions-based selling to identify where Thunder’s products can solve needs
- Demonstrate Thunder’s technologies via web demos, phone calls, and in person
- Nurture relationships with potential clients through in-person meetings and informal engagements
- Negotiate business terms and see new contracts through to execution
- Meet or exceed activity, pipeline, and revenue targets
- Travel as needed (typically 1-2 times per month)
- Minimum 5 years of SaaS experience (field sales experience a plus)
- Strong skills in initiating executive-level contacts, securing sales presentation opportunities, and demonstrated success in closing new business relationships
- Online advertising experience or relationships with agencies a strong plus
- Genuine desire to understand customer needs and help customers succeed with Thunder’s technologies
- Technically adept, experienced with web technologies
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
Sales Director positions are open in Boston, Dallas, Detroit, and New York.